About 5.2 million masks will be given out for free and will be made available progressively from Saturday (Feb 1), at the 89 community centres (CC) and 654 residents’ committee (RC) centres.
Lovely Singapore highlights the key points:
- There are enough masks in Singapore.
The masks are free.
- Only people who are unwell should wear them.
- They can be collected only once for each household. Those collecting have to bring along their identity card.
- Those living in HDB flats can collect them from RCs from Feb 1 to Feb 5.
- Thereafter, those living in private housing estates and those who have not yet collected their masks, can get them from CCs.
- The masks will be delivered to those who are vulnerable and can’t collect them.
- Over the past nine days, the government has already released five million masks to retailers as well.
- Priorities of resupply will be to medical institutions.
- The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF), which has been working round-the-clock to pack the masks, will work with the People’s Association to distribute the masks.
As at Thursday noon, there are 10 confirmed cases in Singapore and no deaths. There is currently no evidence of community spread in Singapore.